Get An Instant Quote Menu

What is the difference between a HomeBuyer Report & a HomeBuyer Survey (Level 2)?

A HomeBuyer Report is a survey inspection of a property. It will help you find out if there are any structural problems, such as subsidence or damp, as well as any other unwelcome hidden issues inside and outside the property you wish to buy.

A RICS HomeBuyer Report means that a chartered surveyor who is regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors will do the survey. HomeBuyer Reports are generally suitable for properties that are in reasonably good condition and of conventional construction.

A HomeBuyer Survey (Level 2) is the same thing it’s just a mix of the words – often it is easier to think of the survey being the actual inspection that the surveyor does, and the report is the document you get with all the findings.

There are several types of surveys you can get depending on the condition and age of a property. Costs start from around £400. Get an instant on screen quote now.

UK Wide Chartered Surveyors
UK Wide Chartered Surveyors
Cosey Homes offer the full range RICS home surveys from Level 1 - 3 with national coverage provided by our experienced local property surveying team.
DISCLAIMER: This article is for general information only and not intended as advice. Each property has its own set of unique circumstances, all potential issues should be investigated by a surveyor on a case by case basis before making any decision.