Get An Instant Quote Menu

Surveyors Cambridge

Cosey Homes are an experienced team of Chartered Surveyors in Cambridge with a solid industry track record. Our skilled structural engineers and surveyors have worked with thousands of satisfied clients across East Anglia and beyond, providing impartial advice, technical expertise and consistently exceptional customer service.

We are accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and are members of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE). For more information about the services we provide, or to arrange a property survey, please get in touch with our friendly team.

We understand that buying a new home is one of the biggest investments you are likely to make in a lifetime, which is why we ensure that our clients are equipped to make an informed decision about what exactly they are spending their money on.

As independent professionals, we are entirely focused on your surveying needs and are able to offer an unbiased assessment of the building in question. Keep in mind that many property issues aren’t immediately apparent, and the untrained eye may well not recognise structural flaws or damp sources.

Our team are on hand to carry out specialist investigations into your new home and provide you with the facts you need before you make a commitment. Even if you can’t see a cause for concern, it’s best to have a professional surveyor give you the all-clear, rather than risk investing in an unsound building.


Contact Us

Cosey Homes Surveyors Cambridge
Vision Park,
Chivers Way, Histon
CB24 9AD

Our Location

Which survey should I choose?

Request a quote

What can we help with?

Do I need a Building Survey (Level 3)?

It is highly recommended that every buyer commissions a property survey before agreeing to their purchase. Houses and apartments, old and new, can all suffer from hidden structural defects that can cost owners thousands to repair once they move in. Hiring a qualified surveyor to inspect the building before exchanging contracts with the vendor is the most reliable way to ensure any potential problems are spotted, allowing you to make an informed decision about how to proceed.

What are the different types of survey?

At Cosey Homes, we offer a number of surveys, all of which adhere to the guidelines set out by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), our professional body. These include the entry-level RICS Condition Report (Level 1), the mid-level RICS HomeBuyer Survey (Level 2) and the full RICS Building Survey (Level 3), the latter being the most thorough investigation that we offer.

What is the difference between a Building Survey (Level 3) and a HomeBuyer Survey (Level 2)?

The main difference between these two reports is the level of detail involved in the investigation. Of the two, the Building Survey (Level 3) offers a greater depth, making it more suitable for older homes, listed properties and buildings constructed using unconventional techniques or materials.

Can I use the survey to lower the asking price of a property?

A seller is not obliged to lower the asking price of their home following a report, however some may be happy to re-negotiate to a fairer price if they are keen to sell quickly. Once you have the report from your surveyor, you should add up the total estimated costs for necessary repairs and maintenance, and use this as a guide for how much to reduce the price by. Stick to the facts discovered during the survey, and be prepared to walk away from the sale if the costs are over your budget and the vendor won’t budge.

Do I need a survey for a new-build home?

Many buyers seem to think that a brand-new or nearly new home won’t need to be surveyed, either because it’s unlikely for any defects to be present, or because any problems should be covered by the 10-year NHBC warranty. This warranty actually only covers the home if the original housebuilder is prepared to accept responsibility for their mistakes, and even new-builds can suffer from unexpected faults. Ultimately, buying any home is a significant investment, and the peace of mind achieved by commissioning a survey only costs a fraction of the price.

Which survey is best for a listed building?

If you’re looking to buy a heritage home or a listed building, we would recommend a RICS Building Survey (Level 3). Old properties can often suffer from numerous unseen problems like subsidence, timber decay, roofing issues and damp, and commissioning a thorough investigation is the only way to ensure that you won’t be confronted with an unpleasant surprise once when you move in.