Get An Instant Quote Menu

Surveyors Portsmouth

Cosey Homes is an experienced team of Chartered Surveyors and structural engineers in Portsmouth and across Hampshire. We’ve been delivering a broad range of specialist property and consultancy services for over a decade, serving thousands of satisfied clients.

We are accredited by some of the most respected professional bodies in the UK, including the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).

For expert impartial advice, high-quality reporting and great customer service, the team at Cosey Homes should be your first port of call. Why not get in touch to discuss your surveying needs on 0239 3878820 today?

Chartered Surveyors Portsmouth

Whether you are looking to buy your next home in Portsmouth, Cosham, Fareham, Emsworth or Hayling Island, Cosey Homes has a wealth of local housing market expertise to put at your disposal.

We work independently with no links to estate agents or mortgage lenders, meaning we can focus on your needs alone. Our professional survey reports are in-depth and well-formatted, packed with impartial advice and guidance to help you make the best purchase decision. Whether you are looking to buy a ‘fixer upper’, or a home that’s ready to move in, our professional advice can make all the difference.

Contact Us

Cosey Homes Surveyors Portsmouth
Solent Business Park,
4500 Parkway,
PO15 7AZ

Our Location

Which survey should I choose?

Request a quote

What can we help with?

Which survey should I get for a Victorian property?

At Cosey Homes, we would always recommend an in-depth Building Survey (Level 3) for properties that are older than 70 years. This includes Victorian and Edwardian homes, properties situated in a Conservation Area as well as listed buildings. A Level 3 survey offers sufficient scope to cover the unique features, qualities and requirements of a historic character home.

What’s the difference between a Building Survey (Level 3) and a Homebuyer Survey (Level 2)?

A HomeBuyer Report (Level 2) is a mid-range investigation designed to give an overview of the building’s condition and highlight any urgent areas of concern. A Building Survey (Level 3) is a more detailed analysis that covers all major defects. This is the best choice for older or larger buildings, ‘fixer upper’ projects and non-standard properties.

Can I get a discount on the price if the survey results are ‘bad’?

If the survey findings flag up unexpected problems or urgent remedial works, you are well within your rights to renegotiate the sale price. Many buyers ask for a discount to cover the cost of unexpected repairs (or obtain assurances from the seller that he will fix the problem before contracts are exchanged). Of course, there is no guarantee that the seller will accept a lower offer but there’s certainly no harm in trying.

What is ‘gazumping’ and is it legal?

According to English property law, a transaction only becomes legally valid once contracts have been exchanged. Gazumping is a perfectly legal (though frowned upon) practice whereby the seller accepts a higher offer before exchange, effectively pushing you out of the transaction.

Which property survey should I choose?

With so many different property surveys on the market, it can be hard to know which is the right one to choose. At Cosey Homes, we recognise that you need professional guidance and advice to talk through all available options including the pros and cons of each survey type. Why not get in touch today for a friendly chat with our expert team?

How do I get my survey findings?

We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and will work as swiftly as we can to deliver your report. As a general rule, you can expect to receive it by email as a PDF document within 5 working days after the site visit. If you require an additional hard copy, this can be arranged for an extra fee.