Get An Instant Quote Menu

Surveyors Manchester

Cosey Homes are a professional practice of structural engineers and Chartered Surveyors in Manchester, dedicated to providing a complete range of property services. We operate with over 10 years of industry experience, and are proud to be accredited by the most respected specialist bodies, including the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE). If you require property surveys or any kind of building-related advice in the Greater Manchester area, please call us on 0161 3120 100, or using the form on our Contact Us page.

Surveyor services in Manchester

Buying a property is one of the most expensive purchases of your life, and involves countless important decisions that can affect your enjoyment of your home for years to come. When it comes to making these choices, it’s essential that you are fully informed about your options and their long-term effects. At Cosey Homes, we can offer a comprehensive picture of your property’s structural integrity, physical condition and maintenance requirements to help you understand the decision you need to make.

As one of Manchester’s leading teams of Chartered Surveyors, we have used our expertise to help thousands of clients all over the north of England. We hold ourselves to an exceptionally high standard, and always work to provide the very best customer service, reliable impartial advice and quality building reports and valuations.

We are completely independent from mortgage advisors and estate agents, so you can be sure that the guidance we offer is unbiased and tailored to your best interests. We never recommend work that won’t benefit you or your home, and we make sure that our reports are well-formatted and easy to understand, so you can access the valuable information you need to make the right choice.

Contact Us

Cosey Homes Surveyors Manchester
34 Hazelhurst Road
M28 2SQ

Our Location

Which survey should I choose?

Request a quote

What can we help with?

Do I need a building survey?

It’s recommended that every buyer commissions a survey before they proceed with a property purchase. Whether you are looking to move into a beautiful listed cottage, a newly-built modern apartment or are relocating your firm to a larger office complex, a survey can help you determine whether the property is as good as it looks, or whether there are hidden defects and substantial repairs needed before you can move in.

The results of a building survey (Level 3) often save buyers thousands of pounds in remedial work later down the line, and equip them with reasons to re-negotiate the purchase price. Even if no substantial defects are discovered, homeowners and building managers are usually quite pleased with the peace of mind a survey returns.

Do I have to have a survey on a new house?

It would be nice to think that a newly-built property is sold in a perfect condition. However, this is not the case, and it’s fairly common for new homes to feature a whole host of problems. A professional snagging list can capture smaller jobs, however a RICS Condition Report (Level 1) is usually chosen to reassure buyers that there are no significant problems with the construction or materials with the building.

Even if you have no specific concerns about a property, it is still important to have it surveyed professionally. Many structural issues are not immediately apparent, and it often takes specialist analysis to identify a defect, determine the cause and make accurate recommendations about how to repair it.

Can I use the survey to lower the asking price of a property?

A survey can tell you about urgent remedial work that needs doing, as well as how much it is likely to cost. Many buyers use this information to negotiate the same amount of money off of the asking price for the property, although others prefer that the seller gets the work done as part of their sale agreement.

What survey do I need for a listed building?

The most appropriate survey for a listed building is the RICS Building Survey (Level 3), as it will go into the depth necessary to cover the unique features and requirements of a historic, character home.

What is the difference between a building and homebuyers survey?

The main difference between a Building Survey (Level 3) and a HomeBuyer Survey (Level 2) is the depth of investigation. A HomeBuyer survey (Level 2) is non-invasive, meaning that only the visible and easily-accessible parts of a building are inspected. On the other hand, a Building Survey (Level 3) will take every reasonable measure to check the condition of “hidden” areas, such as under floorboards and inside attics, and will also made informed speculations about the state of any completely inaccessible areas of the property.